Frequently Asked Questions
- When will your next book be released? I release at least two books a month, sometimes more. So if you wait, there will be a new book to read in less than two weeks. I release the ebook and paperback on the same day, so both will be available for purchase.
- What are your pets’ names? I have two cats, Tyrion and Aladdin. I have two dogs: Aspen and Athena. The cats bring me comfort and make sure there’s plenty of cat hair on my clothes every day. The dogs bring me laughter and make sure life never gets dull. I will post pictures of them frequently on the PETS tab.
- Which of your books is your favorite? My favorite book of my own is usually the one I am currently writing.
- What is your favorite book of all time? My favorite book of all time is The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman, followed very closely by Good Omens, by Gaiman and Terry Pratchett.
- Do you ever do public appearances? Very seldom. I usually try to do two signings a year, in southern Virginia, but I hope to fit more in, in 2020. My days are filled with writing, and I have a very strict schedule, so if I take time off for a signing, it usually means writing ’til midnight to catch up.
- How often do you write? I write every single day.
- Where do you get your story ideas? There’s a little shop on a damp alleyway in Schenectady, NY. I visit once every other year, and in the basement I roll the bones at midnight to see what the brownie that appears has for me. It usually works, and he hands me a sheaf of papers full of ideas, bound in goatskin.
- Are you always a wisecrack? Yes.
- What are your influences? Several authors have been of great influence to me, including Neil Gaiman, Susan Cooper, Madeleine L’Engle, Walter Farley, and Stephen King.